When you are in office and such busy schedule and so much stress it gets really hard to take care about your health, But taking care of your health is important so here I am giving you some useful tips and tricks to help you become healthy without any exertion.
So here you go.
- Sleep: We often don’t take sleeping too seriously and we skip the part where should get a good night sleep. The Normal sleep should be of 8 hours and minimum sleep should be of at least 6 hours.
What happens to the brain without sleep?
concentration worsens; you can miss out on important things.
- You’ll get hungry and eat too much and you’ll eat at all times.
- You will get angry and become irritable
- Hallucinations, the brain can’t filter out surroundings stimuli
- Inarticulate speech, you’ll mix up words and stutter
- Weakened Immunity, the risk of getting sick increases
- Brain damage, lack of sleep can damage brain tissue
Fall asleep in 1 minute: The 4-7-8 Rule. This rule works on your breathing as it slows down your heart and helps you calm down which allows you to fall asleep.
How does it work?
Inhale for 4 seconds, hold your breath for 7 seconds and exhale through your mouth for 8 seconds.
- Standing desk: Don’t sit on your desk for too long, either stand there for a while to straighten your legs or switch to standing desks. Your leg muscles must move every now and then otherwise they might turn sore.
Don’t skip the next point because you don’t have time for it.
- Exercise: I know reading this you might have thought you don’t have time for that. A regular 1-2 hour excessive and strength draining exercise is not required just every alternate day do some light exercise like a jog on the spot for 3 min. and stretch, see some stretching videos online and stretch, not only will it help to build your health but will also increase your flexibility and immunity to sore muscles.
- Eat raw Vegetables: Yes raw vegetables, you read it correctly I know they don’t taste good or how possibly can a person eat raw vegetables especially when you are an Indian, but sometimes raw vegetables provide you with better vitamins which you may not get when you cook or boil them, nevertheless cooked vegetables should also be consumed after all they do provide us with nutrients.
- Wake up early: When you wake up early you have more time for everything you have to do and you feel more fresh and energetic, when you wake up early you will realize that the day is enough to finish all the work you have and you may even be able to complete your work before the deadline. So wake up early, I can’t state time because all of us has a different day schedule so set an early alarm for yourself today according to your schedule.
- Meditate: With all
the pressure and the busy and happening lives that you are enjoying
you do need peace of mind because if matters
a lot in the way you do your work as:
- Increases concentration level
- Increases efficiency in work
- Leads to a balanced state of mind
- Clarity in thinking
- Quick decision making
- Increases patience
- Improves mental health and in some cases physical too.
So, you should meditate daily for 15 minutes after you wake up you should exercise and meditate and you will see the result soon after you are finished with your meditation, you will feel calm and relaxed and if you are not able to take out 15 minutes then only 3 minutes will be enough.
- Eat Dark
Chocolate: You might have heard
that dark chocolate is beneficial for health, and it is true, here’s why-
- Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrition which benefits your health.
- It is a big source of antioxidants
- It helps in improving blood flow and also controls low blood pressure
- Raises HDL and Protects LDL From Oxidation that is it is good for the heart too it helps to reduce heart disease
That’s why pack some dark chocolates while you are leaving for office and eat them 🙂
- Take the stairs: Yes, ever office has lifts and why not use the facility when it is provided to you right, but if you want to lose some weight and stay healthy use the stairs as you don’t have to take out any extra time and you can exercise on your way to office and burn some calories meanwhile.
- Increase your Water Intake: Drinking more water is very beneficial for your health as it is good for the human being. The average amount of water that should be consumed by a male is 3.7 liters i.e 15 cups and for a female is 2.7 liters i.e. 11 cups. The benefits of drinking water are:
- Increases Brainpower and provide energy
- Promotes healthy weight management and weight loss
- Flush out Toxins
- Improves your complexion, and makes your skin glow
- Boosts immune system
- Prevents cramps and sore muscle pain
- Do Breakfast every day: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is said that one should “Eat like a king in Breakfast, eat like a Prince in Lunch and eat like a beggar in dinner”. Breakfast is most important as we have to work the whole day and we need energy for that, we usually do not eat a proper breakfast in the morning because we are in a hurry or maybe don’t consider it that important, we feel fresh when we wake up from a sound sleep and you feel like you are ready to go for work but after your sweet sleep you need a good healthy breakfast before you leave for better energy.
- Unplug: Once a while Unplug from all the technology and social media and live in the moment, enjoy the fresh air and real tangible books maybe novels and enjoy, it I very good for your brain, mental and physical health. Go for a trip to any place full of nature, peace, and quiet, it will help you so much and it will be like distressing a break from all the work and stress.
For people working on a screen glued to therir PCs
- 20-20-20 Rule: Staring on a screen continuously for long hours effects your eyes so follow this 20-20-20 rule and it will help you to prevent your eyes from excessive damage.
How does it work?
Take a break after every 20 minutes and look at any object 20 feet away from you for 20 seconds. This may sound silly, but it does work, do this and you can prevent excessive eye damage.
So, I hope this article was helpful to you and if you found it to be worth your while, recommend/share it to your fellow workers, friends, and family.